The Washington Nationals lost to the Philadelphia Phillies by a score of 7-3 to earn their third straight loss at Citizen’s Bank Park.
- John Lannan last just two innings, allowing seven hits and six earned runs. He walked just one and allowed a homer. While his control wasn’t terrible, his stuff was just flat today and he got hit around the park as a result.
- Raul Ibanez continued to kill the Nationals, going 3-4 on the night with three RBI and a home run. During the series he was 8-12 with three extra base hits and five RBI.
- Alex Cora has a good day, going 2-4 with a stolen base after starting at third base on the day.
- The sole bright spot was Henry Rodriguez who pitched two shutout innings. The flame-thrower allowed just two hits, a walk, and struck out three.
- On the other side of the hill, Roy Halladay was nasty, allowing six hits and two earned runs while striking out 10 Nationals batters.