The Nationals are extremely dramatic, and their performance swings are exhausting, but they are lovable anyway, and this is a run-on sentence to designed to communicate that and that they did some things this week.
- The Washington Wizards were knocked out of the postseason in a game seven on Monday, but not before Anthony Rendon, Brian Goodwin, and Gio Gonzalez took advantage of an early-called rainout to have a big night out at the Verizon Center for game six. Courtesy of Goodwin’s Instagram Story, the boys can be seen here perfectly reenacting every Nats fan after Jose Lobaton’s 2016 NLDS game two homer after John Wall’s game-winning three-pointer.
— Mina (@maddc8) May 14, 2017
- As any doctor will tell you, there’s nothing like a baby and some dad jokes (I’m not sure how else to classify this one) to aid the healing of an obliterated ligament. Adam Eaton clearly has thrust himself into this new, cutting edge medical treatment.
- Will the real Adam Eaton please stand up (without the help of crutches because your ACL has miraculously healed)? Eaton is a delight everywhere he goes, so thank god there are three of him. NR Elementary School put on a wax museum, and these posters on Eaton would probably be extremely informative if the picture were clearer. But for now, the only discernable fact is that he “tore his ACL.” Thank you, Adam #1.
— Staci Cox (@stacilcox) May 17, 2017
- Jude Oz’s recent appearance at the Nationals latest series in Colorado has finally put the long search for Jayson Werth’s number one fan to bed. Jude shaved her head in support childhood cancer research, and with the support of Nationals fans, raised thousands of dollars for the cause. To give back to Jude for giving back, Talk Nats blog set up a fundraiser to get Jude and her family to DC.
— Talk Nats Podcast (@TalkNatsPodcast) May 6, 2017
— TALK NATS (@TalkNats2) May 9, 2017
We did some shopping today for our trip to DC. pic.twitter.com/lVtkvJvn7j
— TheOzMan (@Ozman670) May 18, 2017
She is very appreciative:
— Danielle (@DanielleOz82) May 17, 2017
- Saturday is Werth’s birthday, and Jude and the Batting Stance Guy have stepped out to celebrate.
— Danielle (@DanielleOz82) May 20, 2017
BSG celebrated in Philladelphia apparently because where else would hecklers be drawn like this? Former World Series winnner brings all the boos to the yard, I guess.
— Batting Stance Guy (@BattingStanceG) May 20, 2017
- Anthony Rendon is the king of a lot of things: 11 RBI games, pissing off BABIP gods, and hair. For one glorious game in 2016, Rendon graced us with a HOF-worthy afro. That’s why his hair’s so big, it’s full of RBI. MASN sideline reporter may have a future writing soap operas because he found Rendon’s long-lost son.
It’s all almost enough to distract from the bullpen’s allergy to leads.Tags: Adam Eaton, Anthony Rendon, Brian Goodwin, Gio Gonzalez, Jayson Werth, Nationals, Nats, Washington Nationals